This section provides recommendations on third party support for schools developing students' Citizenship and Cultural competence.Citizenship
The Citizenship Foundation inspires young people to take part in society as equal members.Key Aims and Objectives
CF provides resources for schools to help young people to understand the law, politics and democratic life. They promote participation, we help teachers to teach citizenship and we work with young people on issues that concern them.
CF's objectives are
- a fairer, more inclusive and more cohesive society.
- a democracy in which everyone has the knowledge, skills, and confidence to take part as effective citizens.
The Global Learning Program is designed to shift a school's social emphasis from charity to social justice, and to introduce schools to alternative methods of teaching from different parts of the country and the world. In doing so, it raises students' understandings and competences for a diverse, modern Britain and for an increasingly internationalised world. There may be scope for VbE schools to help develop the values component of the program. Funding may be available for this work.Key Aims
The Global Learning Program (GLP) has six key aims, helping students to:
- understand their role in the world
- understand concepts of cultural integration and interdependence
- explore strategies that strengthen ties
- raise their awareness of social justice
- develop critical thinking
- raise their awareness of issues of poverty and sustainability
The Global Learning Program is a free resource for schools. Funding is available to schools who want training, or who want to help develop the program through activities such as active research and networking with other schools.
Highlights of the program includeFurther informationWebsite
: Click here
Clive Belgeonne : firstname.lastname@example.org